Due to COVID-19, we have seen a number of planned fundraising activities for Beyond cancelled, unfortunately – including several marathons which our supporters were due to complete over the coming months.
However, we need your help more than ever before as we face a growing mental health crisis within our youth due to the impact of the pandemic.
There are still ways to support us during this time. Here are some fun suggestions to inspire you:
- Virtual dinner party – invite your friends to dinner over webcam. You can all donate to attend or pay what you would have spent dining out. For even more fun, set up your own Come Dine With Me or Ready, Steady, Cook challenge!
- Movie night – host a movie night for you and your friends, with everyone logging on from their sofa at home and donating the cost of a cinema ticket.
- Host a quiz – hold a Zoom pub quiz or turn your lounge into the Generation Game!
- Play the classic game of charades! Losers of every round have to put money in a pot!
- Challenge your friends and family to a game of bingo, monopoly or Risk
- Run a class – teach your friends something new, like online yoga, a language or cooking class. Or you could send recipes by email for a donation
- Give a gift – use your creativity for a good cause! Write poems, songs, craft something, or make greeting cards to raise money.
- Get them giggling – Will you wear a funny costume on a video call, work from your bath or serenade your team?
- Team social – get together for a post-work social through video chat and donate what you would have spent on drinks! You could also add the cost of your collective commutes.
Lands End to John O’Groats Bike Ride
Our dear friend and supporter Toby Pankhurst, founder of Pankhurst Cycles, is currently planning a mammoth cycle ride from Lands End to John O’Groats in support of Beyond. If you’re interested in joining him for all or part of the journey please get in touch with us via the contact form.
Another great friend and supporter of Beyond, Glenn Paddison, is organising an exciting trek up Kilimanjaro for the start of next year. Glenn is Chair of the Builders’ Merchants Federation’s Young Merchant Group and incredibly passionate about young people’s mental health. We’re delighted that the Builders’ Merchants Federation has agreed to match fund every single penny of what Glenn raises. Stay tuned for further updates!